Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Deer in the Headlights pt 3: Gerald "Cupcake" Green.

Before even meeting Jason Kidd, Gerald Green was one of the first Mavericks that I came across, and at first he looked just as lost and nervous as I did, after my interview with Kidd I figured I'd ask him a few questions and try to get acquainted with one of the newest Mavericks.

Bathory: Ok, so Gerald Green, this is going to be your first season here with Dallas, but you were actually born here, or near by?

GGREEN: Yeah, I was born in Houston, Texas.

Bathory: How does it feel to be back in Texas?

GGREEN: It feels good, I was here in Texas with the Rockets last season, but here in Dallas is a great opportunity for my family and friends to see me play.

Bathory: I know there are a lot of fans that were excited to here you had signed here, and they're really excited to see you play partly due to your success in the Slam Dunk Competition, a lot of us, myself included have been waiting a while to see someone in Mavs uniform compete in the SlamDunk competitons, do you think you'll participate this year?

GGREEN: I don't really know at the moment, my biggest thing is to try to bring a championship here, I'm not saying that I'm the answer or anything, but I know if i go out there and do what I can, do what I know I can do, and listen to the coach, and listen to the veterans of the team, play my role, I think I'll be okay.

Bathory: How did you like playing in the Summer League this year?

GGREEN: It was great, I loved it, I feel like we did pretty good as a team, we could've done a lot better, but there's always room for improvement, the coaches helped me out a lot, I loved playing with the young guys on the team, it was real fun.

Bathory: So who of your new team mates are you looking forward to playing with?

GGREEN: Aw man, I'm looking forward to playing with everybody, Dirk, J Kidd, Josh Howard, Jet, Damp, Gana, I'm looking forward to playing with everybody, Stack, I can't wait to play with everybody.

Bathory: Can we expect a lot of high flying maneuvers this season?

GGREEN: Oh you can expect a lot of that, a lot of that!

You can start expecting to see Cupcake's high flying act starting October 7th when the Mavs play their season opener against the Washington Wizards.

No comments: