Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Deer in the Headlights pt 2: Jason Kidd

So here I am standing next to Jason Kidd trying to hold the tape recorder close enough to his mouth.

Bathory: Alright Jason, so you were only here for two or three months with the Mavericks before the playoffs started, so how was that experience for you?

JKIDD: It was an experience that I could learn from, unfortunately we didn't get out of the playoffs, or the first round, but it's something that we can build on, and hopefully we can be better.

Bathory: Would you say it was a good experience?

JKIDD: It was a great experience, I love to play the game, no matter where it's at, this is what I enjoy doing, and I am with a great group of guys here in Dallas.

Bathory: So how have the fans in Dallas received you?

JKIDD: They're big sports fans, they love their Mavs, and I am happy to that I am on their side, this is one of the toughest places to win at so, when they support their Mavs, it makes it easy for me to play.

Bathory: How about having another olympic gold medal, how great is that?

JKIDD: I'm very honored to be wanted to represent my country, and to play with a great group of guys, so to have my second gold medal, it's a dream come true.

Bathory: But I heard you're not going to keep it?

JKIDD: I am keeping it, it's just on loan.

Bathory: Ah, okay, so you're just loaning it out, that's pretty nice of you.

JKIDD: Yeah, Thank You.

Bathory: So whom of your new team mates are you looking forward to playing with this season?

JKIDD: Well, I'm always excited to play with Dirk, he makes the game so much easier for everybody, and the big thing is Jason Terry and Josh, we have a great group of guys here.

Bathory: Alright, I think that's it for now.

JKIDD: Alright, great job!

Bathory: Thanks, you too!

It appears as though Jason is comfortable and settled in with his new team and city, hopefully that will translate onto the scoreboard this season.

-Bathory

No comments: