Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Josh Howard: Too Late to Apologize?

Bandwagon fans, sports critics, patriots and "Couch Potato" sports critics have had enough of Josh Howard, over the past year his on and off the court antics have washed away his one time all star status, they'd heard enough of the excuses, his ways were no longer acceptable despite losing his Grandmother that raised him, his coach that taught him, and his good friend and team mate Devin Harris due to the Jason Kidd trade, Josh Howard's bad actions had/have begun to outweigh the good a ton to one, but during media day Josh grabbed the shovel and gloves and once the season starts he's going to dig his way back into the hearts of all of those that believed in him and repay those who have never stopped.

How does he plan to do that? you might ask.

Well first off Josh apologized to his fans, team, and everyone else, referring to himself as an "Idiot" for his youtube hit video on which he said some less than flattering things about the National Anthem.

JHO: I know that's not me
I love this country. If it wasn't for this country, I wouldn't be out here playing basketball. For me to have that opportunity is the greatest.

"That's not me. That's not Josh Howard. That was an idiot."

I wouldn't call him an idiot so much as a young kid who maybe a bit lost, money an fame doesn't not make a immature person mature, they still have to go through that process as you and I, and by owning up to his mistakes (whether by force of Cuban, and Carlisle or not) Howard has taken a step in the right direction.

JHO: I apologize to everybody I've offended.
I'm upset with myself and the way I've acted. It was just me joking around. I just wasn't using my head. I learned that words really do hurt and you are held accountable for what you said.

I went to military school. I have friends that serve in the military. I know how it is to wake up and salute the flag. In the national anthem every game, I have my hand over my heart. It was just me not thinking.

Howard plans to "Do whatever it takes" to win his fans back one at a time, if he goes back to being the Josh Howard that attacked the basket relentlessly instead of taking jump shots, then there is no reason Josh can't win those fans back just as quickly as they turned on him.


Apparently J-HO knows that we are tired of seeing his stepback jumpers, let's see what he does to alleviate the situation... all of it.


No comments: