Monday, September 29, 2008

A Deer In the Headlights.

I never considered myself to be a cool person, but lately I've realized how big of a dork I truly was, standing before Jerry Stackhouse watching him shoot a commercial promo I felt like I'd just swallowed a bowl of worms, but there was no time to be shy and not interact, Josh Howard is walking around with an ear to ear smile on his face, wanting to know why I was "So quiet" I could only smile and laugh like he made a Richard Pryor worthy joke, before I thought of a good or "cool" enough answer he had already been shuffled off to another room to do some more media coverage.

Desagana Diop and Jason Terry are walking around, Jet whom I had recently met on Friday seemed more intimidating in his white and blue uniform and headband, I only smiled and waved.
"quit bombing and ask some questions!" I say to myself.

So I decide to ask the woman standing in front of me if it would be alright for me to interview a few of the guys and ask a couple of questions, after speaking to another lady, the second lady rolls out the big guns with a smile. "Sure" she says and then she points at Jason Kidd.

"Jason, will you do an interview?" she asks.
"Sure" Jason answers

"Holy crap I'm going to vomit." is the first thing that comes to my mind.

I love making first impressions, so I thought I'd say something clever to start.

Bathory: Bear with me, I'm really bad at this.
JKIDD: That's ok, I'm bad with these myself.
Bathory: Great, we can be bad together.

Check out my next blog for my interview with Jason Kidd., it felt longer than it actually was I'm sure.

No comments: