Saturday, June 21, 2008

Brandon Bass needs a new nickname!

On the court "The Animal" is a perfect moniker for 22 year old Brandon Bass, I mean have you seen him dunk?! off the court is a different story, its a bit difficult to call a man with a heart bigger than his bulky frame an animal.

The Brandon Bass Basketball Camp has opened its doors for 40 kids at the Martin Boys and Girls Club in Fort Worth.

Bass picked the participants based on essays they wrote about the challenges in their lives. Hawk Electronics covered the costs for the camp, which was organized by North Texas alum/publicist Linda Luna, by paying $50 per Bass bucket during a portion of the season.

And Bass plans to invite the same kids back each summer.

"My plan is to keep up with all of them and make them a part of me," Bass said during a break in the camp Saturday.

Bass will have another camp opened in Baton Rouge (his home town) next month.

"When I was growing up, I never went to a basketball camp," said Bass

"I Couldn't afford it. I wanted to make sure these kids could."

what an "Animal"!!

No comments: