Friday, May 2, 2008

All About Devean George.

So you're probably wondering why on God's green earth would I make a blog dedicated
solely to Devean George, if I've been hanging out with Josh Howard, and if I do anything other than blog!

The answers are yes I work 40 hours a week. no but I wish I could, however substance abuse isn't my cup of tea, and I'll explain that in a second... but probably not in that order.

But seriously, I decided to dedicate a blog to each of the 15 guys in Mavs jerseys and break down
stats and basically point out why 12 of those guys got the Mavs eliminated and need to be replaced or upgraded, starting with Devean George, you ready? because I'm not! ... let's Go!

Ok, so Devean George.

this guy could be one of the main reasons Avery got fired! while I will give him credit on the defensive end, when it came to offense Devean George was apparently the only person that didn't know that he couldn't shoot.... as I typed it, let me retract that last statement, because there were way too many times to count where the Mavs would swing the ball over to Devean George allowing him to take a shot.. if Devean George remains in a Mavs Jersey this upcoming season which is doubtful whomever becomes the new coach needs to instruct Devean to do four things and four things only, play defense, rebound, pass the ball, don't take a shot...
this sounds harsh seeing as how he did hit some pretty big three's during that last game in N.O. but a couple of good shots over his entire tenure with the Mavs, just isn't enough.... also he tried to stop Cuban from acquiring Jason Kidd.. bad move.

so, farewell Devean George.. may your 3.7 ppg 2.6 rpg 0.7 apg and 35% field goal percentage bring you
all the happiness of riding the pine somewhere else.

No comments: